Thursday 21 March 2013

Day 16... Toogoolawah






















 Day 16... Toogoolawah...

Hmm... What can I say about Toogoolawah... ??? It is a tiny town off the highway... The main street is a mixture of shops and businesses... and abandoned shop fronts... It has three pubs... all of which were well and truly in use by the time I got there... (10.30am-11.00am)... and not just the old retired guys... there were young guys in there too... It kind of seemed like an escape ... or maybe something to do... I don't know ... Maybe if I lived in Toogoolawah I would end up at the pub in the morning too... just to escape the suffocating boredom! (Too mean??)

There really wasn't much to hold my interest in town... and I couldn't imagine what life would be like living there... for ME I think it would be pretty miserable... but people obviously live there... soooo there must be some draw card that I didn't find. I guess... it IS out of the way... away from the hustle and bustle AND in picturesque surrounds... BUT so are alot of other towns I have visited and in each of those I found at least a little (often A LOT) of charm and pull... I don't know... I just didn't GET Toolgoolawah...

There was one thing that I found to be a little charming... and that was the town hall that also doubles as a movie theatre on occasion... It had an old ticket booth out the front... so that was kind of nice... :) Oh and I found a pretty pink flower...

Hmmm.... sorry... but I think that is it!

21,400kms on the dash... 4,455kms down...

xo


No comments:

Post a Comment