Thursday 28 February 2013

Day 1... Byron Bay











.... and so it begins! :)

 Day 1... Byron Bay... 16,945kms on the dash...

I started my day with the usual frantic 'get Immy to school on time' routine... always fun... HA! I then eagerly jumped in my car and started my drive to Byron Bay. I LOVE THIS STRETCH OF ROAD!!! It is so beautiful... the rolling green hills, the flat stretching valleys... the COWS! It served my soul well to witness so much beauty and peace... When I got into Byron Bay I immediately noticed the far reaching mix of people... hippies, surfers, the young and trendy, the old and wealthy, the transients, those there like me... just visiting for the day... I guess I would describe it like a LOST AND FOUND kinda town... I think people are drawn to the beauty and culture of Byron Bay... people who are searching for something... freedom, change, escape, new beginnings...(the lost)... People who know exactly what they are looking for... surf, culture, lifestyle, a home.... (the found)... I think Byron Bay attracts them all... and it inspires through the conflict of its tranquility, its hustle and bustle, rolling waves, green surrounds and urban tones... Overall I think it is a happy place, full of colour and light and excitement. I enjoyed my day trip to this stunning part of northern NSW... and I made it back in time to pick up my little darling from school... woot!

17,253kms on the dash... 313kms down..

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment