Monday 11 March 2013

Day 8... Stanthorpe






























Day 8... Stanthorpe...

WOW! What a day!

My darling husband had a PDO today and so... was able to do the school drop off and pick up... which meant that I was able to do a longer trip today. And after almost 6 hours of driving...  I am sooo tired! :)

Driving to Stanthorpe was such a pleasure... the rolling hills, farm land and distant bluey grey mountain peaks were SO striking... it was sometimes hard for me to concentrate on driving because I was getting slapped in the face over and over and over again by the exquisite beauty. Whoops!

When I got to Stanthorpe... my first stop was to visit some lovely friends of mine... I love their house and garden and smiling faces (and their cheeky sense of humour)... it was a great way to start my day in Stanthorpe... Thanks guys!!

Stanthorpe is a town that for me SCREAMS texture! Everywhere I looked stimulated my senses... made me want to touch, taste and smell... The air is cool, clean and crisp, the ground is made up of crumbly, crunchy granite (I love the feeling and sound of walking on crunchy gravel!), the grass is feathery and dances so prettily in the fresh breeze, rust, moss, rain, water, boulders, grapes, bricks, peeling paint, flowers, sunshine... each with their own unique texture and each touched my soul in a special way. I could spend weeks in Stanthorpe and the surrounding country side...  and would only just scratch the surface of what there is to see and do there...

On my way home I stopped at the iconic cafe/deli/giant apple 'Vincenzo's' and had a late lunch... I ordered the 'Italian Special'... which is a simple roll filled with salami and antipasto tasties... IT WAS DELICIOUS!!! The antipasto oil had soaked into the crusty bread... the flavour was amazing! I was genuinely surprised by how good it was! Vincenzo's is an incredible deli... with soooo many different types of cheese, meat, sauce, jam, relish, liqueur and many more products... I will definitely be going back there someday soon and would definitely recommend it to everyone!

I had such a fantastic adventure today... and although I am very tired... I am looking forward to exploring somewhere new tomorrow...

19,595kms on the dash... 2,650kms down...

xo

4 comments:

  1. My Darling, Talented, Girl!
    What inspirational photographs and commentaries! I am continually thrilled by your talent and hope again and again that you will find a place in this world that will appreciate and capitalise on who is Tahnee Webb.
    Sitting in awe...
    Love Mum

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mum!!! :) I love you!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tahnee,

    Thank you for such beautiful photos and descriptions of my hometown Stanthorpe!! It is indeed a wonderful place to live and raise a family.
    As a proud local however, I feel I have to correct one small mistake in your entry. The cafe/deli/giant apple where you had your lunch is in fact called Vincenzo's. There is a Lorenzo's Cafe but it's in Stanthorpe itself.

    So pleased you enjoyed your time in Stanthorpe.

    Allyson

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops! Thank you Allyson ... I will fix that asap! xo I am glad you enjoyed my blog post! :)

      Delete