Friday 8 March 2013

Day 7... Kingscliff






















Day 7... Kingscliff...

Kingscliff is a beautiful little coastal town in northern NSW... it is a place where my family spent a lot of a holidays whilst I was growing up. It feels like home.

The town has changed a little bit in the time that I have been going there... but the relaxed vibe of the town hasn't. I love the beautiful and long stretch of beach in Kingscliff and have countless memories of walking along it, making nude sand sculptures on it, playing bocce, splashing in the waves... and just sitting on the beach in the late afternoon and letting the beauty seep into my pores... My family used to have a tradition when we went to Kingscliff... we would arrive and unpack, head down to the beach and get our toes in the sand... and then we would head up to the main street to the local second hand book store... we would go in and each get to choose a small stack of books each for our holiday... we all love to read! Some of the books that I chose over the years... The Babysitters Club, Archie Comics, teen horror novels, Robin Cook books... I really wanted to continue the tradition today... but I couldn't find the store.

One store I did make a point of going into was a Cafe called 'Mockingbird'... The first thing I noticed was the gorgeous decor... a cluster of eclectic and industrial lighting pendants, mismatched chairs, raw timber accents, a cool clock... I just loved it! So... I ordered a coffee and a lemon and blackberry tart and asked if I could take some photos... they said yes and so I started a-snapping. The staff were really friendly and the chefs even let me take a photo of them! :) After that I wandered back to my car with my coffee and tart... it was time to go... I had to get back to reality and get some home responsibilities dealt with... The coffee was rich and creamy, the tart case short and crumbly and the filling was sweet and zesty... it was delicious!

Even though my trip to Kingscliff was short and wet (it was raining)... I thoroughly enjoyed myself... as I drove into and out of the town I was struck with so many fond memories... I felt very nostalgic and it made my heart happy...

18,974 on the dash... 2,029kms down...

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment