Wednesday 6 March 2013

Day 5... Toowoomba























Day 5... Toowoomba...

So today was crazy daisy! I had to get my car serviced in the morning... in Ipswich... Soooo... Jesse went in early and dropped it off and went to work... Then, after I dropped Immy at school... I drove Jesse's car into the service place at Ipswich to pick up mine and leave his there, so that he could pick it up after work and I could continue to rack up the kilometers in my car. The service was supposed to be finished by 10am... which worked fine for me because I had planned to go to Toowoomba today... 10.45am rolled by and finally my car ready and I am able to start out on my drive.

Toowoomba is about 1hr 20mins from Ipswich... did I have enough time to get out there... get some half decent photographs, make some observations, stomp the streets like a crazy person... and drive back to pick up Immy from school??? Probably not... but I am committed... and so I did it anyway... ! I had about 15 mins in Toowoomba to run around, take some photos and get a coffee... and I can say right now... it was definitely not enough time to get a good picture of what Toowoomba is all about. What I did see however... I liked... cool buildings with really interesting facades... pretty, green hangy trees... a very busy town centre... and that is it!!!!! arg! haha! I think I will definitely need to take another trip out to Toowoomba to have a good look around...

I really, really, really enjoyed my drive out there though... I felt a true calm and peace in my soul as I drove past the beautiful, flat, far reaching farm lands of the Lockyer Valley Region... green, brown, orange, yellow... the expanse of land, the vastness of the earth and the distance that I could see... watching rain clouds roll in... and out... seeing the sun escape through the grey clouds and float down to settle on hilltops and grass swaying in the wind... so pretty! It tantalized my senses and charmed my soul... I found myself thinking things like... 'Maybe we should move out here?...' and 'I don't really love the city... I love the country.... Yeah... we should move out here...' and 'We could be farmers, work the land... grow some stuff... yeah...'  Of course once I was back in Brisbane and away from the country's alluring spell... I was able to think clearly... and I know for a fact that I don't actually want to be a farmer... I am happy to be inspired from afar, sometimes seduced by the thought of a different life... a simpler one... and for now be happy with the life I have... I love my little family and the life we have built together...

18,492kms on the dash...  1,547kms down...

xo



No comments:

Post a Comment